Details are finally emerging about Scott Pilgrim vs The World, Ubisoft’s upcoming game tying into the comic book series and movie of the same name (trailer available at premium quality at Apple Trailers, or check out the embed below). A first look has gone up at Boing Boing; it’s going to be an old school 8 or 16-bit style, side scrolling beat-em-up that looks a lot like Mega Man (and that’s a good thing). It’s the right approach to a tricky character and world, and definitely fits with the look and feel of Scott Pilgrim.
Our sister site Outside The Panel is a great source for comic book info, anyone interested in the awesome graphic novels by writer and artist Bryan Lee O’Malley or newly interested by the trailer below should check them out!
- Scott Pilgrim volume 1: Scott Pilgrim’s Precious Little Life
- Scott Pilgrim volume 2: Scott Pilgrim vs the World
- Scott Pilgrim volume 3: Scott Pilgrim and the Infinite Sadness
- Scott Pilgrim volume 4: Scott Pilgrim Gets It Together
- Scott Pilgrim volume 5: Scott Pilgrim vs the Universe
Outside The Panel will be right there when the sixth and final volume Scott Pilgrim’s Finest Hour comes out this summer, and a review of the game will be right here at Play With Pixels as well. For now, enjoy the trailer!
[via Boing Boing: Gallery: First images, details of Ubisoft’s Scott Pilgrim game]