I’ve spent quite a long time trying to define and refine the review process for Play With Pixels. This is how we’re starting off:
- Who: Right now, just me! I want to get the tone and feel to where it needs to be, before we add more people to the crew.
- What: Reviews with depth and influences from other mediums when appropriate. For example, our upcoming review of Batman: Arkham Asylum brings in points from the Dark Knight’s library of graphic novels, as well as an evaluation of the art styles for both the in-game models and original graphic art by Carlos D’Anda.
- When: Once we’ve had enough time to properly evaluate a game, and put it through its paces. This probably means that reviews will go up at least a week after release date, in most cases.
- Where: Right here on Play With Pixels, although we have plans for additional avenues down the line.
- Why: I think that Play With Pixels can offer something different and interesting to the conversation about video games.
- How: Blogging for now, with bigger plans down the road.
We’ll have our first full review up tomorrow, with a regular flow of content after that. Let us know what you think!